Sunday, October 19, 2003

I'm So Sorry I Got Caught

I'll Happily Apologize when Ordered by God to Do So

General Apologizes for Talk of God, War (washingtonpost.com): An Army general who has stirred a storm of criticism by framing U.S. battles against Islamic militants in religious terms said yesterday that he was "not anti-Islam or any other religion" and apologized to "those who have been offended by my statements."

[...]

"In one videotape he was shown saying, 'The enemy that has come against our nation is a spiritual enemy' named Satan. In another, he said President Bush 'is in the White House because God put him there.' And discussing a 1993 battle with a Muslim militia leader in Somalia, he said: 'I knew that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God, and his was an idol.' "

No comments: